3. Perinatal Depression: further assessment and management
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This activity is part 3 of a series of 6, which is also available as part of an ALM. This activity focuses specially on how to conduct a psychosocial assessment to gain a better understanding of the woman’s life circumstances including her past and current social, emotional and psychological status.
The activity details how to integrate the results from the EPDS, psychosocial assessment and other symptomatolgy to determine the woman’s level of risk and develop a risk management strategy.By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the need for further assessment as identified following administration of the EPDS.
- Ask relevant questions to further assess the woman for symptoms of depression and anxiety in the perinatal period.
- Ask relevant questions to further assess psychosocial risk factors commonly associated with postnatal depression and anxiety.
- State the steps that need to be taken to conduct a risk assessment in women identified as at risk or scoring high on Question 10 of the EPDS.
- Improve patient safety by developing appropriate management plans for the treatment of women with perinatal depression and anxiety.
This education is also available as part of an Active Learning Module (ALM) consisting of six activities. We recommend that you complete all six activities in order to obtain maximum benefit from this education. The ALM can be found here.
The term Maternal Child Health Nurse (MCHN) has been used throughout this activity, however other terms may be used in different states and territories.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|3. Perinatal Depression: further assessment and management|
|Perinatal Depression: Further Assessment and Management - evaluation|