- Contact Us
Hepatitis C management - we can do more
This education discusses the management of hepatitis C in general practices. Issues explored include the natural history of hepatitis C, the epidemiology, clinical presentation, appropriate investigations and management. The current treatment regimens are described and the side effect of, and response rates to therapy are outlined.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the natural history of the hepatitis C virus.
- Describe the epidemiology of hepatitis C and who needs to be tested.
- Recognise any clinical presentation of hepatitis C, be able to order the appropriate investigations and undertake the appropriate clinical management of patients with hepatitis C
- Describe the current treatment regimens, likely response rates and side effects of therapy.
- Ensure patient safety by being aware of the appropriate management of hepatitis C, including when to refer for specialist management.
You will need the latest version of Flash to view the module - you can download the latest version here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
This education was developed by ASHM and prepared by ThinkGP.
There is a discussion forum for this activity and we encourage you to participate after you have completed the education.
You need to login to participate in education.
This education is accredited: ACRRM 1 CME PD, RACGP 2 CPD, RCNA 1 CNE.
|Hepatitis C management - we can do more components|
|Hepatitis C management - we can do more - education|
|Hepatitis C management - we can do more - evaluation|