Depression management for GPs
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This education discusses the diagnosis and treatment of major depressive disorder. The usage of rating scales and a patient-centred approach is explored, as well as the importance of tailoring pharmacological management to each patient.On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Understand the diagnosis of major depression and the strengths and limitations of common rating scales used for diagnosis monitoring treatment response.
- Be aware of newer depression rating scales specifically developed to assess positive affect and anhedonia in depression.
- Appreciate the importance of a patient-centred approach to depression management and the need for long term follow-up to maintain remission.
- Understand the principles of tailoring pharmacological management of depression to the patient to enable efficacy with minimal side effects.
- Understand the need to assess and manage the side effects of medication to facilitate treatment adherence and maintenance of recovery.
This program has been developed with an educational grant from Servier Laboratories.
|Depression management for GPs - education|
|Depression management for GPs - evaluation|