Recruitment-Ready for Practice Managers: Provider Numbers
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This module explains Medicare Provider Numbers – what they are and why they’re needed. It includes flow charts to help you identify whether a candidate would be subject to any legislation restrictions and/or whether they are required to work in a District of Workforce Shortage.At the end of this learning activity you will have a greater understanding of:
- What a Medicare provider number is and how it’s allocated.
- When a provider number should be obtained or updated.
- Why some doctors require more than one provider number.
- The requirements of health legislation for accessing Medicare rebates.
- The difference between District of Workforce Shortage and Area of Need.
- How non VRd doctors can attract Medicare rebates.
- The relevance of the Five Year OTD Recruitment Scheme for eligible OTDs who are subject to 19AB (the 10-year moratorium) on provider numbers.
- Geographical classification systems (RRMA, ASGC-RA, MMM).
|4) Provider Numbers - education|
|4. Provider Numbers - evaluation|