Best Practice Principles in Managing Solar Keratoses: Is Cryotherapy Enough?
Solar keratosis affects a significant part of the Australian population, so how can GPs effectively manage it? Dr Ryan De Cruz explores the diagnosis and treatment methods for solar keratosis.
Questions asked in the video
- Introduction 0:00
- Why is early identification of solar keratoses important? 0:48
- How common are solar keratoses in the Australian population? 2:25
- What is the importance of sub-clinical lesions and how should they be managed? 3:00
- How does a solar keratosis progress to an SCC (squamous cell carcinoma)? 3:57
- When is the best time to treat a lesion on the spectrum from solar keratoses to SCC (squamous cell carcinoma)? 5:07
- What are the various treatment options for solar keratoses? 5:50
- When is the use of topical therapies advised in the treatment of solar keratoses? 7:16
This program is supported by Menarini.