Diabetes - complexity, comorbidity and adherence
Associate Professor Neale Cohen outlines issues that may arise in managing diabetes in patients, with a focus on complex cases such as multiple comorbidities and adherence to a comprehensive management plan involving pharmacological and lifestyle measures.
Questions asked in the video
- What should we consider in managing diabetes in patients with multiple comorbidities? 0:04
- What issues related to mental health and cognition do you encounter in patients with diabetes? 1:30
- What is the role of lifestyle management in diabetes control, and how can we optimise adherence? 3:27
- What measures do you find helpful in improving adherence to pharmacological therapy? 5:22
- What factors do you consider when determining individualised HbA1c targets for your patients? 6:59
This program is supported by Boehringer Ingelheim.