Diabetes: Key Features of Lifestyle Management
Professor Manny Noakes explores how dietary changes and lifestyle management can benefit patients with diabetes.
Questions asked in the video
- What is the significance of pre-diabetes, and what advice should be offered to patients with pre-diabetes? 0:08
- What is the current thinking on dietary advice for patients with diabetes? 0:43
- How would you define a "low-carb diet" and a "very low-carb diet"? 1:21
- Over the long term, how do these limited carbohydrate diets perform in patients with diabetes? 1:51
- How can we ensure compliance to these types of diets? 2:31
- How do dietary requirements differ between type 1 and type 2 diabetes? 3:06
- How can physical activity assist in the control of blood sugar levels? 3:45
- Is there a place for sugar in the diets of patients living with diabetes? 4:15
- How can primary healthcare professionals support patients living with diabetes? 4:58
This program is supported by the Sugar Research Advisory Service.