Diabetes management for patients with renal impairment
Associate Professor Neale Cohen explores the appropriate management of diabetes in patients with renal impairment, providing advice on what can safely be prescribed and whether there are issues with certain medications.
Questions asked in the video
- What is the impact of chronic kidney disease in a patient with diabetes? 0:20
- What degree of renal impairment would preclude you from prescribing metformin? 0:58
- How effective are SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with renal impairment? 2:16
- How does renal impairment affect what you can safely prescribe? 3:52
- Are there any precautions regarding switching medications in patients with renal impairment? 5:32
- What issues are there regarding patients taking medications inappropriate for their eGFR levels? 6:36
This program is supported by Boehringer Ingelheim.