Listen Hear: Minimising the Impact of Hearing Loss
Professor David McAlpine and Associate Professor Catherine Birman explores the implications hearing loss can have, and the options available for patients.
Questions asked in the video
- Introduction 0:00
- How can hearing loss affect a person's well-being, especially if left untreated? 0:33
- What is the link between hearing loss and cognitive decline? 2:04
- How can we identify which patients should be given a hearing screening? 3:15
- What treatments are available for hearing loss? 4:49
- What applications are implantable hearing devices suitable for? 6:30
- How can we ensure patients receive the optimal treatment for their hearing loss? 8:06
This program is supported by Australian Hearing Hub.