Managing Bone Health in Patients with Metastatic Bone Cancer
Dr Richard de Boer, Medical Oncologist, discusses the treatment approaches and precautions associated with metastatic bone cancer. Long-term management of patients including the use of pharmacological agents is also explored.
Questions asked in the video
- Introduction 0:00
- Why is maintaining good bone health important to the ongoing management of metastatic breast and prostate cancer? 0:06
- What management strategies can be applied to patients with metastatic bone cancer? 1:24
- How does denosumab compare with zoledronic acid for preventing or treating bony metastases and SREs? 2:32
- What precautions should GPs consider, and what can they do for patient management? 5:55
- How can a GP and a cancer specialist work together to ensure the best long-term outcomes for a patient with metastatic bone cancer? 7:38
This program has been developed with an unconditional educational grant from Amgen.
Amgen Australia, Pty Ltd, Level 17, 123 Epping Road North Ryde NSW 2113.