Optometry Care in Diabetic Eye Disease
Optometrist Paula Katalinic provides an overview of diabetic eye disease, and how you can play a part in the management of this condition.
Questions asked in the video
- What is the significance of diabetic eye disease? 0:29
- What eye complications can diabetes lead to? 1:30
- What are the risk factors for diabetic eye disease? 3:20
- Why is it important for patients with diabetes to get regular eye tests? 3:58
- What is involved in an eye test for patients with diabetes? 5:01
- What are the current NHMRC guidelines regarding diabetic eye disease? 6:32
- Can you explain the new Medicare item numbers for diabetic eye disease? 7:35
- What information should be provided to an optometrist in the case of a referral? 9:16
- What treatments are available for diabetic eye disease? 10:21
This program is supported by Optometry Australia.