We can all reflect on our practice populations and identify readily a group whose blood pressure levels are a real challenge to control.
Professor Vlado Perkovic, Renal Physician discusses the two major risk factors in calculating absolute cardiovascular, resistant hypertension and chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Questions asked in the video
- Introduction 0:00
- How is resistant hypertension defined and what are some common causes? 0:57
- How do you determine the goals in managing hypertension? Is this based on a target number? 6:22
- How and when do you introduce more than one medication? 7:48
- In a patient with CKD, when do you introduce an ACE or ARB? 11:54
- Chronic Kidney Disease Management in General Practice, 3rd edition (booklet)
- eGFR Calculator
- Absolute Cardiovascular Risk Guidelines (booklet)