Taking action on bowel cancer
Associate Professor Graham Newstead discussed the current state of bowel cancer screening in Australia, and how outcomes have room for improvement.
Questions asked in the video
- How does the awareness and mortality of bowel cancer compare with breast and prostate cancer? 0:05
- What do the current statistics on bowel cancer reveal? 2:14
- Why is it important to regularly screen for bowel cancer after age 50? 4:24
- What is the "brush test", and what can it tell you? 6:11
- What is the GP's role in ensuring effective bowel cancer screening? 6:58
- Do you have any final advice for GPs? 8:12
This program is supported by Clinical Genomics in partnership with Bowel Cancer Australia.