Review the options available to your patients experiencing unintended pregnancies through both a medical and a legal framework. In this interview, Dr Mary Stewart considers different strategies for general practitioners to support their patients, including non-directive pregnancy counselling and resources available in support of both the GP and the patient.
Questions asked in the video
- Introduction 0:00
- How do you approach a consultation relating to an unintended pregnancy? 0:07
- What are the choices in managing an unintended pregnancy and how do you discuss these with the woman? 1:06
- If a woman chooses to terminate the pregnancy, what are her options? 2:34
- What determines the type of information you provide to the patient? 4:45
- What resources are available to women? 6:46